Wednesday 1 February 2017

Hello February ...

And suddenly it is February - the month of love, so what better way is there to celebrate than to do it with hearts with this delicious challenge.  

CRITERIA - Use Hearts in some way on your work

There is lots to inspire you from our photograph.  You might like the colours - such a pretty pastel mix.  Or perhaps you like the little sayings - so many to choose from (First kiss, Marry me, Sweet talk, Only you .....).  You might like the use of crayons or coloured pencil.  Perhaps you want to carry forward that theme of confectionery and then again you might just like hearts :)

Team inspiration ...

SHAZZA

ELAINE
Hearts and pastel colours..with a bit of gold thrown in..just because I can! Lol

PHILLIS
I was inspired by the hearts. I wanted to create a page that showed love. I used a photo of my daughter doing of of her something she loves: cheering. I used my heart stencils to add texture and color to my background. Then I added more hearts and some love sayings.

REBECCA
I hand-stitched the hearts and literally threw sequins on the layout and glued them where they landed. the title I created using a stencil and metallic modelling paste.

KAREN
The first thing I thought when I saw the photograph was, SWEET ~ so I chose a sweet theme for my project. This double-page spread is another addition to the mini-album recording my trip to Rockhampton in 2016. I used some paper-punched hearts and also doodled lots of hearts around my journalling.

LYNNE
I was inspired by the pastel colours and the soft feeling of the photo; the baby in my photo is the granddaughter of a good friend of my late mother's, and she was named after my mom.

DI




Apart from the hearts theme, I have taken pastel colours from some of the conversation lollies to make a gift card/container. This has been made from vellum which I have dry embossed with an embossing tool and decorated with lace (heart design) and liquid pearls. The heart is in three sections, each section open at the top to form a pouch. The largest heart has one folded the side and could be left open on the cut side to form a card if desired. For this particular one, I have taped the cut edge. The card I have also made has diecut butterflies, again in a heart shape.

JANE
I have used most of the colours but in a more vibrant tone and added in stitched hearts as a border.

Hope you can come and join in with our challenge this month, we need more of you playing along with us and winning some great prizes ...

Please upload your entry to the link tool on the LEFT by 11.55pm on February 28th.

We can't wait to see your pages.

Please come back on the 8th when we will announce our winners for January.

No comments:

Post a Comment