Friday 22 April 2016

Team Training for April ...

Welcome to our April edition of Team Training brought to you this month by team member, Karen Brierley.

Each month one of our team will inspire you with a little tutorial, tip or trick to help you in your scrapbooking pursuits.

Planner dividers by Karen Brierley

This year I succumbed to popular culture and bought myself a pretty planner.  A really nice Kikki K one.  (I am going to be more organised.  I am.  I hope.)  We're well into the year, and I'm still using it and loving it. So far, so good!  But I've discovered I don't have enough dividers to categorise  the information I want to keep in there. I know lots of people use mobile apps for this stuff, but there are some things I find easier to deal with on paper.

So I decided to make my own dividers.  It's super simple AND cost effective because I'm using up my old scrapbooking stash.  Here's what I did for my first one:


1>  I took one of the original dividers that came with the planner, and used it as a template.  I traced the design onto my chosen patterned paper, and cut it out.  (Does anyone know how just old this Cloud9 paper is??)  I also added some penwork around the edge, but that's just something I do. For this one, I added a strip of washi tape to cover up the product information strip, and it also helped to reinforce the edge.




2> Next, I added a little title to my divider.  This section of my planner will contain the J-girl's school timetable and extra-curricular activities so I can keep track of my taxi-service commitments. Another opportunity to use up some old stash (Arctic Frog alphabet stickers - and I even used two Z's!!)



3>  Here's what it looks like, inserted in the planner:



4>  I've written "JAZZ" on the tab since taking this photograph:



I enjoyed customising my planner, and I especially enjoyed using up some old stash in the process.  I hope I have inspired you to think differently about your old stash, and find new ways to use it.


Thanks Karen, what a terrific and useful way to use up some of your older supplies.


Don't forget to have your entry in for our challenge this month.  Some lovely prizes on offer - one prize by vote, another completely by random draw and a guest designer spot with RAK to offer one lucky entrant. You have until 11.55 on the final day of the month to have your submission linked.

1 comment: