Saturday 15 August 2015

Welcome to our August guest ...

This month we welcome Wendy O'Keefe as our guest designer with her delightful layout based on her interpretation of our image this month.  Christel (our GDT winner from July will join us next month).


I was inspired by the contrast between the bleak background and the bright colours of the umbrella. With this in mind, I scrapped some old skiing photos of my boys.  Their snow gear is brightly coloured, just like the umbrella in the inspirational picture, and it contrasts starkly with the black and white, snowy  background I created. I wanted the layout to look fairly simple, even though I added a lot to the background, so that the photos would stand out.



Hello, I’m Wendy and I live in Melbourne with my husband and two young adult (22 and 19) sons.

I was introduced to scrapbooking about 10 years ago, but I was only half-hearted about it and didn’t really follow through. Then about four years ago I discovered digital scrapbooking and, from then on, I’ve been slightly obsessed.  The discovery of digital scrapbooking also renewed my interest in traditional scrapbooking. Now I do digi, traditional and hybrid and I’ve been known to make the occasional card too.

My style changes constantly, depending on the subject matter. So, I guess you could say that I don’t have a particular style. I’ve always enjoyed doing family history research and gathering old family photos, so I do tend to do a lot of heritage/vintage layouts. I’m also inspired by my many travels and, of course, by my family and friends.

You can see more of my work on my blog http://scrapbookingandmixedmediabywendy.blogspot.com.au/


Here are some samples of some of my work...




Thank you so much for joining us this month Wendy - it was lovely to have you with us.

You have until the end off the month to play along with our Pixels and Paper challenge.  We'd love to see how you are inspired by our photograph.  Thank you for your continued support.

Next week we have something special to share with you from a member of our design team.  Please call past on the 22nd for some Team Training.

8 comments:

  1. thanks fro joining us this month as our guest designer, wendy. I love your creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Wendy!! And thanks for joining in as GDT here with us at P&P this month!! Love your art :) Hugs Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic work Wendy, and thank you for joining us as our GD this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your work, Wendy. I love the way your photographs pop from the grey background

    ReplyDelete