Saturday 1 August 2015

Here comes August ...

Ahhh August - it could be cold, it could be wet, it may even snow or might be fine and sunny or  blowing a gale - in fact it could well do this all in the one day !!  The most you can say about August is she is unpredictable!

So this month we thought we might put some colour into our last official month of winter.  I am sure you can be inspired by all or any of these bright and happy hews or cut right to the chase and scrap some of our recent unusual snow falls along the east coast or perhaps you have been happily heading up and down the official ski slopes enjoying the white stuff with family and friends.


Our team has some wonderful takes on the inspiration this month.  

We'd love to give a big warm welcome to our newest team member Anna Uhras (Sweden) who comes to join us here at Pixels and Paper this month.

ANNA
I was inspired by the snowy glistening path the person walked by. I have had a perfect photo of my youngest daughter walking in the snow. Also I was inspired by that colourful umbrella. The title says: " her own path". She often chooses her own way of doing things and I wrote about that in my journaling.

TONE-LILL


This gorgeous winter inspiration picture for August, made me look for some photos of my daughter from when we went skiing in Switzerland 2012. She was wearing a bright multi coloured ski jacket, just like the bright colours on the umbrella. 

Bring out your bright coloured papers, colours,inks, stamps and bling and join in on our Bright challenge this month :)


KAREN

I was inspired by the rainbow colours against the white background. I used plain white cardstock and some bright paper scraps to add splashes of colour to my layout.

LYNNE

 
 I did a canvas for this month's project. I was inspired by the idea of the person standing out in a black-and-white world and by the rainbow of colours on the umbrella!

REGINA

PHILLIS
 
I was drawn to the white of the snow background. That drew me to this photo of my son wearing his black suit coat on Prom night. I added the red to pull out the red in his flower.

JANE
I was drawn to the wintery background of the inspiration photo and decided to use some photos of my son's school trip to Perisher last winter. It was his first time seeing snow and trying out skiing so his week of cold was quite a highlight for him.


NOW IT IS YOUR TURN ...

Please upload the DIRECT link to your actual entry to the link tool on the LEFT by 11.55pm on August 31st.

You are welcome to submit traditional paper layouts, art journals, divided page protectors, smash books (etc). Digital entries are welcomed and encouraged.  All entries must be new for this challenge and no back-linking please.

  I am happy for you to combine with two other challenges but the essence of the Pixels and Paper inspiration must be clear in your work. Combining with a sketch and technique/product challenge would be preferred. Please include our inspirational picture as well as provide a link back to Pixels and Paper on your blog post and don't forget to tell us how you were inspired. International submissions are welcome.

This year we will have two main prize packs - one will be selected by Creative Team vote and the other purely by random draw - so anyone could be a winner, no matter your style or your level of experience.  All these prizes will be available to anyone, no matter your country of residence.  We will also offer one entrant a chance to guest with us for the following month and they will also receive a small prize.

Please come back on the 8th when we will announce the winners for July.




2 comments:

  1. Lovely to see Anna join the team. These inspiration pieces are absolutely SMASHING....love them sooo much:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this month's inspiration, hoping to play along this month!!!

    ReplyDelete